Home :: Orudis
Orudis Medication - Uses & Side Effects
Generic Name: Ketoprofen
KETOPROFEN (Orudis® KT™, Oruvail®) is an anti-inflammatory drug. Ketoprofen medicine is used to treat pain associated with rheumatoid such as including arthritis, osteoarthritis, menstrual cramps or premenstrual pain and swelling. You can also used Ketoprofen in a non-prescription strength to treat minor aches and pains associated with the common cold, backache, muscular aches, toothache and menstrual pain. Ketoprofen is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) effective in treating fever, pain, and inflammation in the body.
- Generally, you should take Orudis medicine with food.
- Your starting dose should be 75 milligrams 3 times a day or 50 milligrams 4 times a day. The most you should take in a day is 300 milligrams of Orudis or 200 milligrams of Oruvail. Some side effects, such as include headache or upset stomach, increase in severity as the dose gets higher.
- If you have kidney or liver disease, then you need smaller doses of Orudis.
Uses of Orudis
- Ketoprofen is used to treat pain, swelling, and joint stiffness from arthritis.
- It is also used to reduce mild to moderate pain such as include menstrual cramps, headaches, muscle aches, backaches, and dental pain.
- ketoprofen is also used to reduce fever and to treat minor aches and pain due to the common cold or flu.
Side Effects of Orudis
Before using Orudis medicine, first talk with your doctor about the side effects. If you feel any develop or change in intensity, inform your doctor immediately. Because your doctor can determine if it is safe for you to continue taking Orudis. The following side effects that may occur during Orudis treatment include:
- Abdominal pain
- changes in kidney function
- fluid retention
- inability to sleep
Warnings and precautions before taking Orudis:
- You should take Orudis capsules with or after food to help avoid irritating the stomach.
- After taking Orudis capsules, you will be feel some sleepy or dizziness and it may decrease your ability to drive or operate machinery safely. So do not drive or operate machinery where you requiring alertness.
- If you have kidney or liver disease, then drug should be used with caution.
- If you have heart disease or high blood pressure, then used drug with caution. This drug may also increase water retention.
- If the painful area is red or swollen, then first check with your doctor and after that you can start treatment. Also check with your doctor if, after you have started taking Actron, your symptoms continue or get worse, new symptoms appear, or you have stomach pain.
Drug Interaction :-
If Orudis is taken with certain other drugs, the effects of this drugs may increased, decreased, or altered the effects of Orudis and it may cause to the other serious effects. So it is especially important to check with your doctor before combining Orudis with the following:
- Blood thinners such as Coumadin
- Diuretics such as hydrochlorothiazide (HydroDIURIL)
- Lithium (Lithonate)
- Probenecid (the gout medication Benemid)
If you feel that the overdose of Orudis is suspected, then contact to your doctor immediately. Symptoms of Orudis overdose may include:
- Breathing difficulty
- high blood pressure
- kidney failure
- low blood pressure
- stomach and intestinal bleeding
- stomach pain