Home :: Denavir
Denavir Medication - Uses & Side Effects
Generic Name: Penciclovir
PENCICLOVIR (Denavir®) is an antiviral medication, has been proven effective in treating cold sores in healthy adults and also treats the symptoms of herpes virus infections on the lips or face. It is an antiviral agent and used against herpes virueses as describe above. Penciclovir may help to relieve the pain or discomfort. Peniciclovir mostly used for cold sores because it effect sores heal very fastly than other cream used for cold sores.
- Apply cream every 2 hours, while awake, for 4 days.
- Penciclovir cream should be used after every 2 waking hours throughout the day for 4 days.
Uses of Denavir
- Denavir is an antiviral medication used to treat cold sores in adults and children 12 years and older.
- Denavir may be used to treat other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Side Effects of Denavir
when you will used denavir to treat cold sore then possible side effects may occur and listed of posssible side effects may occur given below:
- numbing of the skin
- skin discoloration
- skin reaction or swelling where the cream was applied
- swelling in the mouth and throat
- taste or smell alteration
- worsened condition
Warnings and precautions before taking Denavir:
- Denavir is a topical cream that is applied externally on the lips and face. Do not apply Denavir on mucous membranes inside the mouth, nose, genital or rectal areas.
- Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: HIV infection, cancer, problems with the immune system.
- It is not known if this medication passes into breast milk. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.
- Denavir should be started as soon as possible when you feel that a cold sore has begun to form.
- Do not use this medicine in or near the eyes and on other internal parts of the body.
- Wash your hands with soap and water to prevent it from coming into contact with your eyes or other area of the body.
- Becareful when you are using denavir medicine.
Drug Interaction :-
Consult your doctor before starting the other medicine with the denavir because it can cause other infections so be careful. No interactions have been shown between other medicines and penciclovir
cream. Your doctor or pharmacist may already be aware of any possible drug interactions and may be monitoring you for them.
- When you feel overdose is suspected contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately.
- It may be harmful if swallowed.
- An overdose of denavir can cause to threaten life.