Home :: Cymbalta
Cymbalta Medication - Uses & Side Effects
Generic Name: Yentreve, Duloxetine
Duloxetine (Cymbalta®) is an antidepressant, a medicine that is used to treat mental depression. You can also used the duloxetine that prescribed for other uses as decided by your doctor. Cymbalta medicine affects chemicals in the brain that may become unbalanced and it may cause depression. Cymbalta is a brand-name for a drug is known as duloxetine. Cymbalta (Duloxetine Hydrochloride) is a new antidepressent. Cymbalta medicine works by restoring the balance of two kinds of natural substances (neurotransmitters known as serotonin and norepinephrine) in the brain, By restoring the balance it can improving mood and feelings of well-being .
- If you have a Major Depressive Disorder, then you should start dosaes 20mg twice a day. If no improvement is there, then you should take 60 mg as a single dose or you may taken two 30 mg doses.
- If you have Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathic Pain, then you should take 60mg dosaes once a day.
- Each dose you should take with water.
Uses of Cymbalta
- Cymbalta is used to treat major depressive disorder (MDD) and also used to treat pain associated with diabetic peripheral neuropathy.
- Cymbalta help from both the emotional and physical symptoms that are associated with depression.
- Cymbalta medicine is also used to relieve nerve pain (peripheral neuropathy) in diabetics.
Side Effects of Cymbalta
When you are taking cymbalta medicine, then the possible side effects may occur. Side effects of cymbalta medicine may include:
- Dry mouth
- Increased sweating
- Decreased appetite and weight loss
- Blurred vision
- Awareness of your heartbeat (palpitations)
- Decreased sex drive or difficulty achieving orgasm
- Impotence or delayed ejaculation
- Hot flushes
- Difficulty passing urine
- Increase in blood pressure
- Inflammation of the liver (hepatitis)
Warnings and precautions before taking Cymbalta:
- After taking cymbalta medicine, you will feel sleepy, drowsy or dizzy and it reduce your ability to drive or operate machinery safely. So do not drive or operate machinery or do not perform any activities where you require alertness.
- If you are taking cymbalta medicine, then discuss to your doctor about the risk and benefits associated with cymbalta medicine. Because cymbalta medicine may not be right for everyone. So you and your doctor will have to work together to decide that you should take or not.
- If you have liver problems or drink alcohol regularly, then talk to your doctor before taking Cymbalta. Because Cymbalta may cause liver injury.
- Do not stop taking Cymbalta without talking to your doctor. Your doctor may periodically check your blood pressure while you are taking Cymbalta.
Drug Interaction :-
If you are taking other drugs with cymbalta medicine, then it can increased, decreased or altered the effects of cymbalta medicine or it may cause to the other serious effects. So do not start any drugs including non-prescription medicines with cymbalta without talking to your doctor. It is especially important to consult with your doctor before combining cymbalta medicine with the following medicine:
- certain migraine headache medicines (almotriptan, eletriptan, frovatriptan, naratriptan, rizatriptan, sumatriptan, zolmitriptan)
- medicines for heart rhythm or blood pressure
- medications for weight control or appetite
- medicines called MAO inhibitors-phenelzine (Nardil®),
- tranylcypromine (Parnate®), isocarboxazid (Marplan®)
- other medicines for mental depression, mania, psychosis, or anxiety
If you are taking Cymbalta medicine and you feel that overdose is suspected, then contact to your doctor immediataly. Symptoms of a Cymbalta overdose may include:
- enlarged pupils.